An award for innovation in concrete has been established by CIC in memory of Jean-Claude Roumain, a long-time CIC supporter and Executive Committee member who passed away in January 2010.
The winner of the 2022 award will be announced during the spring ACI Concrete Convention. Nominations for the 2023 award will open January 1, 2022.
Nominees should be individuals who have met one of the following conditions:
- Have contributed to innovative developments in concrete mixture proportioning, production of concrete, or concrete construction; or
- Have contributed to the improvement in the manufacture of materials used in the production of concrete, and used existing and new materials in innovative ways to improve concrete construction and serviceability; or
- Used concrete in innovative ways to contribute to a sustainable built environment.
Nominees should be individuals whose work has met all of the following conditions:
- Innovation(s) must be original as evidenced by: technical publications, patents issued (provide patent numbers), adoption by a minimum of one mid- to large-size company in the industry (provide names), or having been identified by trade groups as “innovative.”
- Innovation(s) must not have been previously published in a technical journal or trade publication by someone other than the nominee.
- Innovation(s) should have sustainability benefits.
Nominations must be submitted on the Jean-Claude Roumain Innovation in Concrete Award Nomination Form to: Tricia Ladely
|2022 ||Karen L. Scrivener |
|2021 ||Claude Bédard |
|2019 ||Lawrence L. Sutter |
|2018 ||Michael M. Sprinkel |
|2017 ||Kamal H. Khayat |
|2016 ||Gaurav N. Sant |
|2015 ||Fred R. Goodwin |
|2014 ||Peter H. Emmons |
|2013 ||Kevin MacDonald |
|2012 ||Neal S. Berke |
|2011 ||Arezki Tagnit-Hamou |
|2010 ||Jean-Claude Roumain |