The Concrete Research Council (CRC) seeks concrete research projects that further the knowledge and sustainability of concrete materials, construction, and structures in coordination with ACI Committees.
Annual RFP is Currently Closed
Results of grant awards will be announced shortly after the spring ACI Concrete Convention. The RFP reopens August 1, 2020.
CRC RFP Application Guide
ACI Technical Committee Support Form
Proposal and Funding Parameters
- The ACI Foundation will award up to $50,000 per project for direct costs;
- The ACI Foundation limits the indirect costs (IDC) of the research institution to 15%; institution must waive the remainder;
- The ACI Foundation will cover that 15% IDC. Thus, the total amount awarded could be a maximum of $57,500. [Example A: $50,000 project + $7,500 IDC (15% of $50,000) = $57,500 awarded. Example B: $45,000 project + $6,750 IDC (15% of $45,000 ) = $51,750 awarded.]
- An ACI technical committee must support the research concept. Principal investigators should reach out to ACI Technical Committee chairs as soon as possible (and before October 1) to ensure the project will have the support and engagement of a committee. Read more about this requirement in the ACI Technical Committee Support Form;
- Topics are encouraged from all areas of concrete research;
- An individual researcher can serve as the principal investigator or co-principal investigator on only one proposal submitted;
- Industry partnering and project cost sharing are strongly encouraged;
- Principal investigators shall follow the published RFP Application Guide.
2019 Awarded Research Projects
The ACI Foundation is pleased to collaborate financially and technically in progressive research programs. Our CRC provides an in-depth review of proposals and recommended six projects for funding, based on impact to industry, ACI Committee engagement and collaboration with other funders and organizations. Read more about each ACI Foundation funded project using the link below.