The Strategic Development Council (SDC) strives to be the catalyst to optimize concrete to serve societal needs.
The SDC provides a forum for the concrete industry where professionals from member organizations that include suppliers, manufacturers, architectural/engineer firms, contractors, trade associations, owners, government and academia convene at the senior level. The forum offers a crucial avenue for those who attend to discuss strategic issues, prioritize key challenges, learn about new technologies and explore for needed research.
SDC recently adopted 4 new goals to achieve its vision of optimizing the use of concrete.
- Improve how innovations/new technologies get implemented
- Improve the durability of concrete
- Improve productivity and quality
- Improve design and rules for design (concrete “technical operating system”)
SDC strives to:
- Provide an objective voice that supports innovation and strategizes solutions to industry wide issues
- Support programs that improve the quality and potential competitiveness of concrete in design and building, and as a building material
- Assist the concrete community in timely adoption of innovative technologies, problem solutions, and best practice