Serving the industry by establishing and distributing fellowships and scholarships to high potential students in concrete-related graduate and undergraduate degree programs.
Changes to our Program:
The ACI Foundation would like to judge your application amongst your closest peers. To do this we would like to understand your long-term career aspirations and whether you consider yourself on the Academic/Researcher or Practitioner track after you have earned all your college degree(s). Selecting a long-term career track will not limit your eligibility to apply for either fellowships or scholarships that meet your qualifications. Dividing applicants into groups will also help the ACI Foundation match students with appropriate fellowships that may include internships that will be awarded before the ACI Spring Convention.
The deadline for applications is November 1, 2023, 11:59 p.m. EST
All applicants must submit the following five items:
1. Applicant's contact and educational information.
2. A resume - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) or Acrobat Adobe (.pdf) format
3. A 500-word essay.
4. Official transcripts - English language & with a 4.0 grading scale
5. Two endorsements (one MUST be an ACI member
For details on the requirements listed above, click here.
Important Information for Fellowship Applications
Important Information for the Middle East & North Africa Fellowship Applications
- ACI Foundation fellowships can be awarded to international students; however, you must attend an institution of higher education in the Gulf Cooperation Council region (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates), Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, or Tunisia.
- Those applicants chosen as a finalist for an ACI Foundation fellowship must be available to attend an interview with the Scholarship Council on Sunday, March 24, 2024, at the spring ACI Concrete Convention. ACI Foundation will pay for the flight, hotel, registration, and will include a travel stipend. You must apply and receive a Visa from your country to attend the ACI Concrete Convention.
- All applicants must be proficient in the English language. If English is not your native language, a written statement must be attached to the application attesting this proficiency or a copy of the TOEFL results.
- The educational stipend is paid in two equal installments over the course of one year directly to the student to cover expenses related to tuition, room and board, books, student fees, etc. Receipt of stipends is contingent upon attendance at scheduled ACI Concrete Conventions during the award cycle.
- Fellowship awardees are expected to submit a written report near the end of their fellowship period describing the value of the fellowship to their personal development and to their preparation for their chosen career after graduation.
Important Information for Scholarship Applications
Get started early! Applications can take weeks to complete,
If mailed, transcripts shall be sent to:
Attn: Scholarship Coordinator
38800 Country Club Drive
Farmington Hills, MI 48331
Any document, including transcripts, received by ACI Foundation becomes the property of ACI Foundation and will not be returned.
All ACI Foundation fellowships and scholarships can be withdrawn for failure to comply with any of the items above.
The applicant evaluation does not and shall not discriminate because of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.