The Concrete Research Council (CRC) seeks concrete research projects that further the knowledge and sustainability of concrete materials, construction, and structures in coordination with ACI Technical Committees.
Research proposals are being reviewed and judged for 2023 grant awards. PIs will be contacted if there are any questions related to their submission.
- December 2, 2022, to February 28, 2023 - proposals are reviewed/judged.
- Month of March 2023 - top ranked proposals are reviewed by CRC membership.
- April 4, 2023 - proposals are discussed and balloted.
- Week of April 10, 2023 - PIs are contacted regarding grant awards.
Annual RFP for 2024 grant awards will open August 1 and close December 1, 2023.
CRC RFP Application Guide
ACI Technical Committee Endorsement Instructions
Frequently Asked Questions
- The ACI Foundation will award up to $50,000 per project for direct costs.
- The ACI Foundation limits the indirect costs (IDC) of the research institution to 15%; institution must waive the remainder.
- The ACI Foundation will cover that 15% IDC. Thus, the total amount awarded could be a maximum of $57,500. [Example A: $50,000 project + $7,500 IDC (15% of $50,000) = $57,500 awarded. Example B: $45,000 project + $6,750 IDC (15% of $45,000) = $51,750 awarded.]
- An ACI technical committee must support the research concept. Principal investigators should reach out to ACI Technical Committee chairs as soon as possible (and before September 1) to ensure the project will have the support and engagement of a committee. Read more about this requirement in the ACI Technical Committee Endorsement Instructions.
- Topics are encouraged from all areas of concrete research.
- An individual researcher can serve as the principal investigator or co-principal investigator on only one proposal submitted.
- Industry partnering and project cost sharing are strongly encouraged.
- Principal investigators shall follow the published RFP Application Guide.
Link to completed projects and 2022 award grants: