The ACI Foundation’s Concrete Research Council (CRC) seeks to advance the concrete industry through the funding of concrete research projects that further the knowledge and sustainability of concrete materials, construction, and structures in coordination with ACI Committees where possible.
The 2019-2020 Request for Proposals (RFP) opens August 1 and closes December 1.
Submit Research Proposal
Proposal and Funding Parameters
The requirements for the RFP have changed from last year.
- Topics are encouraged from all areas of concrete research;
- Up to $50,000 may be approved per project for direct costs;
- Due to a 15% research organization overhead cost limit, the ACI Foundation may award up an additional $7,500 to fund indirect costs;
- At least four worthy research projects will be selected for this cycle;
- An ACI technical committee must support the research concept and participate in an advisory role to the principal investigator. Each committee that supports the research shall fill out the new ACI Committee Support Form and the chair of that committee must sign the form;
- An individual researcher can serve as the principal investigator or co-principal investigator on only one proposal submitted;
- Industry partnering and project cost sharing are strongly encouraged;
- All proposals must be submitted before the December 1st, 2018 deadline; and
- Principal investigators shall follow the published RFP Application Guide.
Contact Ann Daugherty, Director, ACI Foundation, about research proposal requirements at email@example.com.
CRC RFP Application Guide
ACI Committee Support Form
Annual RFP is Currently Open
- CRC opens the RFP process on September 15;
- Proposal submissions are due December 1, by 11:59 pm, Eastern, when CRC closes the RFP; and
- Selection and announcement of research projects will be shortly after the Spring ACI Concrete Convention and Exposition.
2018 Awarded Research Projects
The ACI Foundation’s steadfast commitment to progress, innovation, and collaboration within the concrete industry led to the decision to provide grants to eight projects in 2018. The quality of the research proposal submissions to CRC was outstanding and showed significant support from ACI technical committees and the concrete industry and also included cost sharing from universities at various levels. Additional information about each project can be found by clicking the link below.