The ACI Foundation’s Concrete Innovation Council (CIC) will host its next Technology Forum on August 30- September 1, 2022, in St. Paul, MN. This is the first in-person forum in two years and will include four technology showcases, over ten different presentations, and a debate.
The forum topics include:
- Carbon Dioxide Utilization and Machine Learning Deliver Low-Carbon Concrete — Presented by Gaurav N. Sant
- Concrete Sensors for Curing — Presented by by Jim Cairns and Kevin A. MacDonald
- Novel Method for Producing Cement & SCMs — Presented by Cody Finke
- Ultra-High Performance Concrete and its Carbon Footprint — Presented by Peter W. Weber
- 3D-Printed Topology Optimized UHPC Walls with Superior Ductility — Presented by Siham S. Al Shanti
- A Contractor’s Experience with the Evolution of Sustainable Mix Designs — Presented by Eric S. Peterson
- Early Concrete Performance Extremes — Presented by Tim Cost
- Integration of Alternative Cements into Building Codes — Presented by Lawrence L. Sutter
- Legal Issues in Concrete Construction: Responsibility with New Technology — Presented by Jeffery W. Coleman
- Structural Polymer Concrete for Accelerated Bridge Construction and Other Infrastructure Applications — Presented by Mahmoud Reda Taha
- The New FRP Bar Code — Presented by Carol K. Shield
- The Minnesota DOT Test Road “MNRoad” — Presented by Bernard I. Izevbekhai
- Understanding the “What, Why and How” when Specifying Permeability-Reducing Admixtures — Presented by Shashiprakash (Prakash) Surali
A debate titled, Alternatives to Cylinder Breaks for Acceptance Testing, will be moderated by Rex A. Donahey. Participants will discuss if the industry could/should develop more rapid and reliable acceptance criteria based, for example, on multivariate analyses of fresh concrete properties and data from non-destructive tests and sensors. Viewpoints of contractor, producer, specifier, and testing agency sectors will be represented and there will be time for Q&A with attendees.
The ACI Foundation Technology Forum is an industry-exclusive educational and networking event for concrete professionals. The forum is your opportunity to connect with representatives from material suppliers, architecture & engineering firms, contractors, academics, top-level executives, and regulatory agencies.
For information about the technology forum including registration, updates to the agenda, and schedule visit acifoundation.org/technology.
# # #
The ACI Foundation was established in 1989 to promote progress, innovation, and collaboration and is a wholly owned and operated non-profit subsidiary of the American Concrete Institute. Three councils make up the ACI Foundation; the Concrete Innovation Council, which identifies technologies and innovations and helps to implement when appropriate; the Concrete Research Council, which funds and assists in the research of new concrete technologies; and the Scholarship Council which facilitates student fellowships and scholarships.
For more information, contact:
ACI Foundation | Building the Future