The ACI Foundation’s Concrete Research Council (CRC) seeks to advance the concrete industry through the funding of concrete research projects that further the knowledge and sustainability of concrete materials, construction, and structures. The annual request for proposals is open now through December 2, 2019.
Proposal and funding parameters include:
- Topics are encouraged from all areas of concrete research;
- Up to $50,000 may be approved per project for direct costs;
- Due to a 15% research organization overhead cost limit, the ACI Foundation may award up to a maximum of $7,500 additional funds for indirect costs;
- An ACI Technical Committee must support the research concept and participate in an advisory role to the principal investigator;
- An individual researcher can serve as the principal investigator or co-principal investigator on only one submitted proposal;
- Industry partnering, and project cost sharing are strongly encouraged;
- All proposals must be submitted before the December 2, 2019 deadline; and
- Principal investigators shall follow the requirements in the published RFP Application Guide.
Selection of awarded projects and notifications to principal investigators occurs after the ACI Spring Concrete Convention and Exposition. Contact Tricia G. Ladely, Assistant Director, ACI Foundation, for additional research proposal information at Tricia.Ladely@acifoundation.org. Information on last year’s awarded projects and research products is available at acifoundation.org/research.
# # #
The ACI Foundation was established in 1989 to promote progress, innovation, and collaboration and is a wholly owned and operated non-profit subsidiary of the American Concrete Institute. Three councils make up the ACI Foundation; the Strategic Development Council, committed to resolving the issues of new technology acceptance within the concrete industry; the Concrete Research Council, which funds and assists in the research of new concrete technologies; and the Scholarship Council which facilitates student fellowships and scholarships.
For more information, please contact: