The ACI Foundation’s Concrete Research Council (CRC) seeks to advance the concrete industry through the funding of concrete research projects that further the knowledge and sustainability of concrete materials, construction, and structures in coordination with ACI Committees where possible.
Annual RFP is Currently Open
- CRC opens the RFP process on August 1;
- Proposal submissions are due December 1, by 11:59 pm, Eastern, when CRC closes the RFP; and
- Selection and announcement of research projects will be shortly after the Spring ACI Concrete Convention and Exposition.
Submit Research Proposal
Proposal and Funding Parameters
- Topics are encouraged from all areas of concrete research;
- Up to $50,000 may be approved per project for direct costs;
- The ACI Foundation limits the IDC to 15%;
- The ACI Foundation will cover the limited IDC, and may award up to an additional $7500;
- At least five worthy research projects will be selected for this cycle;
- An ACI technical committee must support the research concept and participate in an advisory role to the principal investigator. Each committee that supports the research shall fill out the new ACI Committee Support Form and the chair of that committee must sign the form;
- An individual researcher can serve as the principal investigator or co-principal investigator on only one proposal submitted;
- Industry partnering and project cost sharing are strongly encouraged;
- All proposals must be submitted before the December 1st, 2018 deadline; and
- Principal investigators shall follow the published RFP Application Guide.
Contact Ashley Mayra, Assistant Director, ACI Foundation, about research proposal requirements at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CRC RFP Application Guide
ACI Committee Support Form
2018 Awarded Research Projects
Our commitment to progress, innovation, and collaboration within the concrete industry and increased funding from ACI and other supporters allowed for grants to be awarded to eight quality projects in 2018. Additional information about each project can be found by clicking the link below.